#Theft #ElmAvePark #BethlehemNY #Crime #Police #AliHibbs #SpotlightNews
The Bethlehem Police Department is currently investigating multiple reports of thefts from vehicles parked at the Elm Avenue Town Park and Line Drive athletic fields, on Saturday, May 5. These incidents all took place between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. In many cases the windows of the vehicles were broken to gain access and steal items of value that were in plain sight.
BPD recommends that people take proactive steps to prevent making their vehicle an opportunity for crimes like this to happen. The following precautions are suggested:
- – Always lock your vehicle
- – Keep items of value out of sight, place them under seats, in compartments or in the trunk
- – Keep wallets and cellphones on your person, or locked away in compartments
- – Install tracking apps on electronic devices, this allows them to be tracked by law enforcement and found in the event of theft
- – Be alert of your surroundings at all times, often times crimes like this take place after suspects watch the person leave their car
- – Follow the “See Something, Say Something” philosophy at all times, and report suspicious activity, particularly people or vehicles that seem out of place
Bethlehem Police are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who was at either of these two venues during the times of these thefts, and may have information, to contact police at 518-439- 9973.