SCHENECTADY — Twenty-five participating restaurants throughout Downtown Schenectady will dish up soup for visitors during the second annual Schenectady Soup Stroll on Saturday, Jan. 28, from noon to 5 p.m.
Last year’s event drew an estimated crowd of 3,000 people visiting 16 downtown restaurants. Organizers are hoping this year’s expanded list of participating restaurants and word-of-mouth advertising will draw a larger crowd.
The following restaurants are participating in the 2017 Schenectady Soup Stroll:
(GF – Gluten Free; V – Vegan; Veg – Vegetarian)
- 151 Bar & Restaurant – New England Clam Chowder
- 20 North Broadway Tavern – Turkey Lasagna Soup
- Ambition Café – Hungarian Chicken Soup
- Aperitivo Bistro – Bacon Butternut Chowder (GF)
- Apostrophe Café – Award-winning Vegetarian Chili (GF, V, Veg)
- Backstage Pub & Grill – Backstage’s Best Soup
- Bel Cibo: An American Bistro – Stuffed Pepper Soup (Veg option available)
- Capoccia Wine Lounge – Caribbean Seafood Bisque
- Centre Street: A Public House & Garden – Centres’ Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Civitello’s Italian Pastry Shoppe – Pasta e Fagioli (Veg)
- Cornells in Little Italy – Clam Chowder
- Hunter’s On Jay – Bourbon Beer Chicken & Cheddar Soup
- Johnny’s Restaurant – Italian Sausage with White Bean Soup
- Katie O’Byrne’s Restaurant – Reuben Chowder
- Mad Jack Brew Pub at The Van Dyck – Loaded Pale Ale Potato Soup
- Manhattan Exchange – Union Cuban Soup (GF)
- Marotta’s Bar-Risto – Tuscan Surf & Turf Chowder
- Mexican Radio – Chorizo Corn Chowder (GF) (Veg option available)
- More Perreca’s Italian Kitchen – Italian Wedding Soup with Baby Meatballs
- Nico’s Rooftop Tavern – Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Pho Queen – Tom Yum Soup with Chicken/Tofu/Vegetable (GF, V, Veg)
- Pinhead Susan’s – Chicken Parm Soup
- Puzzles Bakery & Café – Creamy Chicken & Corn Chowder
- Taj Mahal Restaurant – Lentil Soup
- Wolff’s Biergarten – Buffalo Chicken Chowder
Guests can pick up an event map at any participating location and stroll from restaurant to restaurant to sample unique soup recipes for $1.00 per 3 oz. cup.
Guest judges from the Yelp Albany Elite Member community will be tasting soups throughout the afternoon and choosing their top three recipes to win the Golden Tureen, Silver Spoon and Bronze Ladle awards.
Ample free parking in Downtown Schenectady will be available throughout the Soup Stroll on the street, in public lots and in the Broadway garage. Details atparkschenectady.com.
The Schenectady Soup Stroll is presented by the Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation, with promotional assistance from Yelp Albany. Full details, including a downloadable event map, can be found at downtownschenectady.org or facebook.com/schenectadysoupstroll.