Editor’s note: Our Oct. 3 edition misspelled the overall winner in last weekend’s 15th Annual Crossings 5K Challenge and Kids Run. Chris Garretson won the 5K challenge with a time of 18:33 on Sunday, Sept. 30.
COLONIE — Hundreds of runners and walkers laced up on Sunday, Sept. 30, for the 15th Annual Crossings 5K Challenge and Kids Run.
The 5K, one-mile and quarter-mile races are run to benefit the Colonie Youth Center’s scholarship assistance programs at the Rudy A. Ciccotti Recreation Center. All proceeds from the event will help foster opportunities at the state-of-the-art fitness center for school-age children and their families.
In addition to the races, the event is a “community day” to encourage fitness and healthy lifestyles.
The results of the 5K, as compiled by the Albany Running Exchange, are:
- Chris Garretson, 16, Albany: 18:33
- Jack Mangione, 14, Loudonville: 19:17
- Gavin Richard, 44, Albany: 19:49
- Meg Versteegen, 39, Schenectady: 19:05 (second over all)
- Gianna Mirabile, 18, Albany, 21:35
- Loren Norfleet, 19, Albany, 22
Click on a photo below to view a slideshow of the rest: