COLONIE – Five people were arrested during an enforcement checkpoint at the Albany County jail on Thursday, July 19, according to Sheriff Craig Apple Sr.
Investigators and K9 units conducted the traffic checkpoint in a “continued effort to curb and further deter visitors from smuggling in contraband during visiting hours,” according to Apple.
The following people were arrested:
- Justin McGraw, 31, of Albany, for unlawful possession of marijuana and a vehicle and traffic violation. He was released on an appearance ticket.
- Alexandra Ellis, 23, of Watervliet, for unlawful possession of marijuana. She was released on an appearance ticket.
- Lydia Colon, 50, of Schenectady, for an outstanding felony warrant out of New York City. She was turned over to the NYPD.
- Tankia Young, 32, of Albany, was wanted by Colonie police. She was turned over to CPD.
- Lahkeet Grady, 19, of Troy, was wanted by Troy police. She was turned over to TPD.
Several others were ticketed for driving without a license.