TROY — Athletes from all over Section II were at Hudson Valley Community College on Saturday, Feb. 5, to try and qualify for the state track and field meet on March 5 at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island.
Local top qualifiers are:
- Girls 55-meter hurdles: Guilderland senior Maeghan Hickey placed second with a time of 9:04, good enough for the top 50 in the state.
- Girls 55-meter dash: Guilderland senior Kate Scanlon finished third with a time of 7:41, good enough for the top 25 in the state.
- Girls 300-meter run: Shaker’s Kaleigh Higgins placed second with a time of 10:02.23, good enough for the top 10 in the state.
- Girls 4×400 relay: The Shaker “A” team of Gabby Kairns, Kamira Medford, Annabel Kelsey and Leana Sousa won with a time of 4:23.60. The Guilderland “A” team of Avery Kerr, Chelsea King, Parker Steele and Saida Assabahi placed second with a time of 4:28.68.
- Girls 4×200 relay: the Guilderland “A” team of Megan Swan, Kendall Barnhardt, Meghan Hickey and Willow Novak won with a time of 1:52.41. The Bethlehem “A” team placed second with a time of Camella Douglas, Ciara Ryan, Isabella Hoogkamp and Lilyan Humphrey placed third with a time of 1:54.65.
- Girls 300-meter dash: Guilderland’s Kate Scanlon placed second with a time of 42.75.
- Girls 600-meter run: Shaker’s Leonni Griffin placed third with a time of 1:39.96.
- Girls long jump: Bethlehem’s Camella Douglas placed third with a mark of 17-3.50
- Boys 4×400 relay: Colonie “A” team of Aidan Noris, Dylan Fox, Jordan Goddard and Ben Ross finished second with a time of 3:43.08.
- Boys 1000-meter run: Guilderland’s Will Cusato finished first with a time of 2:42.79
- Boys 300-meter dash: Colonie’s Ben Ross finished third with a time of 38.39
- Boys high jump: Shaker’s Edward Xu finished third with a jump of 5-8
- Boys pole vault: Bethlehem’s Matti Levasalmi finished third with a jump of 12-6
- Boys triple jump: Guilderland’s Joshua Jerome finished second with a jump of 41-3.75
Click on a photo below to view a slideshow of the rest or click here if using a news app.