Thousands of voters across the Capital District waiting in long lines to cast their ballots during the first day of early voting in New York state on Saturday, Oct. 24.
The photos below are from Pine Grove United Methodist Church in Colonie, the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Delmar, the Albany County Board of Elections in Albany and the Niskayuna Town Hall.
Early voting will continue through Nov. 1 with the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, noon to 8 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
In Albany County, polls are open at the following locations:
- Albany County Board of Elections at 260 South Pearl St., in Albany
- Pine Grove United Methodist Church at 1580 Central Ave. in Colonie
- The Bethlehem Lutheran Church at 85 Elm Ave. in Delmar
- The Berne Volunteer Fire Company on 30 Canaday Hill Road
- The Boght Community Fire Department on 8 Preston Drive in Latham
- The Guilderland Fire Department at 2303 Western Ave.
Click on a photo below to view a slideshow of early voting day one.