This year marks 10 years of service and offering exercise programs to our community and members. During that time we became the only wellness center in New York to become a Medical Fitness Accredited facility. Some of our staple offerings have been our personal training and Next Steps programs.
We also expanded our program to reach out to our youth with “Kids on the Move.” Our programs are unique and provide direction to anyone that needs it. Please see below for program breakdown:
Medical Integration: Next Steps Program
The Medical Integration Program references the communication between healthcare and fitness in the prevention, treatment and care of individuals managing chronic pain or diseases.
What is the Next Steps Program, and what does it consist of?
The Medical Integration Program is an eight-week (16-session) medically based program prescribed by a physician.
The 16 sessions will consist of:
• A pre- and post- assessment (60 minutes each with additional time if necessary.)
• Individualized exercise plan (IEP) based on the assessment results, individual goals and experiences, physician and fitness specialist professional recommendations.
• Two 60-minute group workout sessions per week (required) led by a degreed and certified fitness specialist on the fitness floor, or specialized classes (land or aquatic based.)
• Unlimited access to the center and its amenities in addition to the two group sessions per week.
• A survey is required to be filled out by the patient at the end of the program (eight weeks) which is sent to the referring physician.
What are the goals of the Next Steps Program?
• Patients will exercise in a supportive environment
• Learn healthy behaviors
• Gain further awareness about disease and injury prevention.
What is the Cost?
• $99 for the eight-week program. Free enrollment and two free months of dues (for participating patients only) at the center after completing the requirements of the program (a $150 value.)
Enrollment must occur within 30 days of the post assessment.
To graduate the program, the patient must complete the program and complete the post assessment.
Who can participate in the Next Step Program?
• Members (pay $50) or non-members (pay $99) 16 years and older.
• People with certain risk factors for cardiovascular disease and/or completed cardiac rehab.
• Type I or Type II diabetes or pre-diabetic symptoms.
• Preparing for surgery and recovery after surgery.
•People with a sedentary lifestyle — preventing certain medical conditions.
• People with arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus and other autoimmune conditions.
What will be assessed during the assessment?
• Resting vitals
• Bioelectrical impedance (body fat percentage.)
• Functional fitness tests.
• Health-related fitness.
* CDPHP members: The Next Steps program is available exclusively at the Ciccotti Center and available for free (CDPHP Medicare members) or at a reduced cost (all other CDPHP members for $50) to all CDPHP members.
Kids on the Move Program
Give your youth the opportunity to become fit and active in our eight-week youth workout program. Youth, ages 7-15, will learn fun and effective exercises that will help them build healthy muscles, bones, and joints.
Participants in the Kids on the Move program will become comfortable and confident about exercise with guidance from our degreed certified fitness specialists.
Youth in the Kids on the Move program will receive:
• Fitness assessment at the beginning and end of the program.
• An individualized exercise program.
• Instruction on techniques and exercises for a healthy lifestyle.
• One month free membership upon completion of the program
Call the Ciccotti center today for more information at (518) 867-8920 or email Scott Bergen at [email protected]rg.