COLONIE — The town hire five new police officers and made a number of promotions within the department.
The Town Board approved the appointments unanimously and there will be a formal ceremony once the COVID pandemic is more under control.
“Public safety is our top priority. This is an excellent succession plan as we move through the COVID crisis. We don’t know what will happen, we don’t know what will be shut down. We really put our head together and we made sure we are in great shape with the police department and great shape with EMS,” said Supervisor Paula Mahan. “You guys do a fantastic job for us. But don’t think you won’t get out of it without a photo. As soon as all this COVID stuff goes away we will get some nice photos.”
The new officers will make $58,281 per year and the lateral transfers will begin with the town Police Department in April, 2021. The new hires are:
• Jonathan Madden will start the academy in March, 2021
• Katelyn Rinaldi is currently with Albany County Sheriff’s Department
• Christopher Pelletier is currently with Albany County Sheriff’s Department
• Nicholas Carpenter is currently with Albany Police Department
• Shane Robichaud is currently with the North Greenbush Police Department
The promotions will go into effect in 2021. They are:
• Anthony Sidoti is promoted to patrol sergeant from investigator effective Jan. 4, 2021 for an annual salary of $95,809.
• John Rockwell is promoted to patrol sergeant from patrol officer effective July 5, 2021 for an annual salary of $95,809.
• Daniel Belles is promoted to lieutenant from administration sergeant effective Jan. 4, 2021 for an annual salary of $107,942.
• Thomas Breslin is promoted from patrol sergeant to lieutenant effective July 5, 2021 for an annual salary of $107,942.
• Robert Winn is promoted to deputy chief from investigations lieutenant effective Jan. 4, 2021 for an annual salary of $124,71 5.
• James Gerace is promoted to deputy chief from patrol lieutenant effective May 31, 2021 for an annual salary of $124.715.
There were also a number of duty assignment changes within the department including:
• Patrol Sergeant Richard Villa to administration sergeant
• Patrol Officer James Splonskowski to warrant officer
• Patrol Officer Matthew Overrocker to investigator effective Jan. 4, 2021
• Patrol Officer Joseph Fitzsimmons to investigator Joseph Fitzsimmons effective Jan. 4, 2021.
There were also three paramedics were hired in the Emergency Medical Services Department for an annual salary of $54,673:
• Lauren Nelson effective Dec. 7
• Kayla Griessler effective Dec. 7
• Christopher Georgia effective Jan. 4.