ALBANY — Albany Police announced parking restrictions and road closures for some major roads in downtown Albany for a film production Thursday, Nov. 3, through Saturday, Nov. 5.
Though the announcement did not specify which film is being shot, actor/director James Franco is known to be filming “The Pretenders” in the Capital District. Franco had been shooting scenes around the Russell Sage College campus in downtown Troy earlier this week.
Parking restrictions will be in place from Thursday, Nov. 3, at 4 p.m., through Friday, Nov. 4, at 4 a.m., for both sides of Madison Avenue from No. 136/137 Madison Ave. (just west of Trinity Place) east to South Pearl Street; and on both sides of Fulton Street from Madison Avenue north to VanZandt Street. There will be road closures from Thursday, Nov. 3, at 6 p.m., until Friday, Nov. 4, at 4 a.m., for Madison Avenue from Grand to South Pearl streets and Fulton Street from Madison Avenue to VanZandt Street. People driving on Trinity Street will be able to exit onto Madison Avenue, but must proceed west to Grand Street.
Parking restrictions will be in place from Friday, Nov. 4, at 1 p.m., until Saturday, Nov. 5, at 5 a.m. for the following streets:
• North Pearl Street (both sides) from Sheridan Avenue to Wilson Street
• Clinton Avenue (both sides) from TenBroeck Street to Broadway
• All parking within Clinton Square
• Orange Street (both sides) from Chapel to North Pearl streets
• Broadway (both sides) from Clinton Avenue to Orange/VanTromp streets
Road closures will take place Friday, Nov. 4, at 6 p.m., through Saturday, Nov. 5, at 5 a.m., for the following streets:
• North Pearl Street between Sheridan Avenue and Wilson Street
• Clinton Avenue between TenBroeck Street and Broadway
• Chapel Street between Orange Street and Clinton Avenue
• Orange Street between Chapel and North Pearl streets
• Clinton Square from Orange Street north
There will be occasions where traffic will be permitted through these areas when the production company is not filming.