BETHLEHEM — Six local police, firefighters and emergency personnel were recognized for their outstanding service by The Nathaniel Adams Blanchard Post 1040 of the American Legion during its 41st annual Community Service Awards ceremony on Monday, March 2.
The event, held on 16 West Poplar Dr. in Delmar, was led by Cmdr. Lyle E. Maddock, Sr. of Post 1040. The special guests were Bethlehem Town Supervisor David VanLuven and Ken Secor, the Albany County Veterans Service Bureau’s director appearing on behalf of County Executive Dan McCoy.
“Just personal thanks to all of you for what you do, for your community, your colleagues and especially for your families,” Maddock said. He also read aloud what’s written on each awarded certificate, “In grateful recognition of your devotion to the duty and in appreciation for your contributions to the public safety in the Town of Bethlehem.”
The recipients were:
- Bethlehem Police Department TSI Craig Sleurs
- Delmar-Bethlehem EMS’ Ashley Cicchinelli
- Delmar Fire Department 1st Assistant Chief Daniel J. Rhatigan
- Elsmere Fire Company Lt. Stephen R. Wright
- Slingerlands Fire Department Commissioner Leonard M. Clickman
- Selkirk Fire Company Lt. Robert Burns
For more information, visit Post 1040’s website at nabpost1040.us or call 518-439-9819.
Photos by Tom Heffernan Sr. / Special to Spotlight News