NEW SCOTLAND — The 50th annual Albany County Cross County Championships featured five state-ranked girls varsity teams.
In Class A, Bethlehem is ranked No. 2 in New York state (and No. 30 in the nation;) Shaker is ranked No. 5 in the state; Guilderland is ranked No. 14; and Colonie is ranked No. 22. Voorheesville is ranked No. 1 in Class D.
Bethlehem won the meet — held at New Scotland Town Park and sponsored by the Albany County Kiwanis — with a score of 21 and a combined time of 1:16:28. Shaker placed second with a combined score of 63 and a time of 1:19:46 followed by Guilderland at 76 and a time of 1:21:08, Colonie at 95 and a time of 1:22:42, Voorheesville at 122 and a time of 1:24:46 and Albany High at 184 and a time of 1:32:38.
The top 10 individual results are:
- Rylee Davis: Bethlehem, 15:02.8
- Charlotte O’Meara, Bethlehem, 15:05.9
- Leonne Griffin, Shaker, 15:10.1
- Kaleigh Higgins, Shaker, 15:13.2
- Olivia Deer, Bethlehem, 15:23.3
- Katherine Bannigan, Bethlehem, 15:26
- Anna Chrapowitzky, Bethlehem, 15.29.5
- Addison Vellekoop, Guilderland, 15:35.8
- Mariem Sayahi, Voorheesville, 15:42.2
- Sarah Guyette, Bethlehem, 15:59.6
The Guilderland varsity boys defended their championship with a score of 34 and a combined time of 1:09:04 followed by CBA with a score of 64 and a time of 1:11:47. Bethlehem placed third with a score of 71 and a time of 1:11:43; Shaker fourth with a score of 89 and a combined time of 1:13:04, Albany High with a score of 116 and a combined time of 1:14:37 and Colonie with a score of 127 and a combined time of 1:15:42.
Guilderland’s William Smitas placed first with a time of 13:23.8 followed by Guilderland’s junior Aakash Iyer at 13:28.7 and Albany High’s Neel Chittur at 13:35.8.
Click on a photo below to view a slideshow of the rest.