By FRANK DESORBO
This article may serve as a motivational or inspirational force for the year 2020. Maybe it will be taken up as part of a New Year’s resolution to live by. Read it now and every four months and see if it has moved you, brings back some nostalgia or is “plain ole horse sense”. They are listed in no special order but numbers so you can pick out your favorites.
- It’s a pretty day for making things right. Movie – Open Range
- Home is where the heart is.
- The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. Abraham Lincoln
- Winning isn’t everything, the desire to win is; it’s the only thing. Vince Lombardi
- Good Friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but you know they’re always there.
- There’s no place like home. Movie – Wizard of Oz
- If you do not understand my silence, you won’t understand my words.
- ‘If’ moves mountains and builds bridges.
- Never be afraid to try. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.
- If you need God’s help, ask Him; if you don’t Thank Him.
- Listen and silent are spelled with the same letters, think about it.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. Winston Churchill
- How far would Moses have gone if he had taken a poll in Egypt? Harry Truman
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi
- You have enemies? That means you‘ve stood up for something in your life. Winston Churchill
- The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when you’re through
- Unless it’s Fatal, it is no big deal. John Pelizza
- Great Friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, impossible to forget.
- The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. Teddy Roosevelt
- What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate. Movie – Cool Hand Luke
- Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God. Ronald Reagan
- Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.
- The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. Vince Lombardi
- Happiness is not a destination; happiness is a journey.
For 2020 these little bits of wisdom may perk up your days. Happy New Year.